A safe home for all your data.
Why is this so awesome?
- :file_folder: Access your Data You can store your files, contacts, calendars and more on a server of your choosing.
- :package: Sync your Data You keep your files, contacts, calendars and more synchronized amongst your devices.
- :arrows_counterclockwise: Share your Data …by giving others access to the stuff you want them to see or to collaborate with.
- :rocket: Expandable with dozens of Apps ...like Calendar, Contacts, Mail and all those you can discover in our App Store
- :lock: Security with our encryption mechanisms, HackerOne bounty program and two-factor authentication.
You want to learn more about how you can use Nextcloud to access, share and protect your files, calendars, contacts, communication & more at home and at your Enterprise? Learn about all our Features.
Get your Nextcloud
- Install a server by yourself on your own hardware or by using one of our ready to use Appliances
- Buy one of the awesome devices coming with a preinstalled Nextcloud
- Find a service provider who is hosting Nextcloud for you or your company
Enterprise? Public Sector or Education user? You may want to have a look into the Enterprise Support Subscription provided by the Nextcloud GmbH
Get in touch
Join the team :family:
How to contribute
- Set up your local development environment :rocket:
- Pick a good first issue :notebook:
- Create a branch, a Pull Request and
@mentionthe people from the issue :computer:
- Wait for it to get merged and :tada:
All contributions to this repository from June, 16 2016 on are considered to be licensed under the AGPLv3 or any later version.
Nextcloud doesn't require a CLA (Contributor License Agreement). The copyright belongs to all the individual contributors. Therefore we recommend that every contributor adds following line to the header of a file, if they changed it substantially:
@copyright Copyright (c) <year>, <your name> (<your email address>)
Please read the Code of Conduct. This document offers some guidance to ensure Nextcloud participants can cooperate effectively in a positive and inspiring atmosphere, and to explain how together we can strengthen and support each other.
Please review the guidelines for contributing to this repository.
More information how to contribute: https://nextcloud.com/contribute/
Running master checkouts
Third-party components are handled as git submodules which have to be initialized first. So aside from the regular git checkout invoking
git submodule update --init or a similar command is needed, for details see Git documentation.
That aside Git checkouts can be handled the same as release archives.
Note they should never be used on production systems.